Al-Jaafari: “Terrorists planning to launch chemical attack on Jobar to accuse the government.”
New York, (SANA) Syria’s Permanent Representative to the UN Dr. Bashar al-Jaafari said that terrorist groups are planning to launch attacks using chemical weapons in Jobar area to accuse the Syrian government of it , as indicated by a phone call between terrorists monitored by the authorities.
Al-Jaafari told Russia Today TV channel in a phone call on Tuesday that he sent two identical letters on March 25th to the UN Secretary-General and President of the Security Council drawing their attention to two vital issues.
He said that the first issue is that the Syrian authorities monitored a landline phone call between two terrorists in Jobar area in Damascus’ suburb, during which one of the terrorists said a third terrorist referred to as Abu Nader is secretly distributing gas masks to protect from toxic gas among his cohorts.
Al-Jaafari said the Syrian authorities also intercepted another call between two terrorists, one of them referred to as Abu Jihad who said that there will be a use of toxic gas in Jobar area, asking the terrorist members working with him to prepare gas masks.
He added that the purpose of this talk is to use toxic gas once again to accuse the government of the attack, just like what happened last year in the Ghouta area in Damascus Countryside and in Aleppo before it.
Syria’s Permanent Representative said that the more critical piece of information is that the terrorist organization known as Jabhat al-Nusra broadcast a video on their YouTube channel on March 23rd showing preparations for carrying out a bombing in Sukkar site in Adra area in Damascus Countryside, where Jabhat al-Nusra and Al Qaeda terrorists are running amok.
He noted that the video showed a BMP armored vehicle loaded with 7,000 kilograms of TNT and C4 and driven by a terrorist called Shamel al-Ansari, in addition to another car loaded with explosives driven by a Jordanian terrorist called “Abu Stef al-Urduni,” with the purpose of the two vehicles is to detonate them in Sukkar site, which contains chemicals.
“There’s nothing called international community, unfortunately,” al-Jaafari said, “we directed two letters to the Security Council to have the countries that keep talking about the threats of chemical weapons to pressure the countries sponsoring and funding these terrorist groups – specifically the Turkish, Saudi, and Qatari governments – to prevent such terrorist acts by pressuring these gangs and terrorist gangs,” adding that now this matter is in the hands of the Security Council.
He added that the joint coordinator of the UN and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) as well as the UN Secretary-General are aware of this, and the Syrian authorities are doing their duties in this regard, noting that the area in question is blockaded, adding “as far as we are concerned as a government, we are doing our duty to the fullest, but the issue now has regional, and international and Arab aspects.”
Regarding developments in Kassab and Lattakia countryside, and the steps to be taken by the Syrian government, al-Jaafari said that on the political side, Syria sent five letters on the issue of Kassab to the UN Secretary-General and President of Security Council during the past seven days, with all the letters full of information on the direct involvement of the Turkish government in sponsoring the terrorist attacks on Kasab.
“These terrorist groups came from Turkish territories and were covered by Turkish artillery, tanks and aircrafts so that they aren’t engaged by the Syrian Army in that area, with the purpose of the Turkish military involvement being an attempt to distract the Syrian Army form these terrorist groups so that they may commit their heinous acts,” he said.
Al-Jaafari pointed out that there’s considerable migration of Syrian Armenians from Kasab and that there have been many victims, but the Syrian authorities are liberating the area one meter at a time, with intense battles taking place there.
He concluded by asserting that in the end, the Syrian Arab Army will emerge victorious and liberate all areas up to the borders with Turkey, just like what happened in al-Hosn, Yabroud and al-Queseir.
Armed gangs prepare another chemical attack
According to the Syria’s UN Ambassador Bashar Jaafari, militants in Syria are planning to conduct another chemical attack in the Damascus area. On Tuesday a Bashar Jaafari’s letter was published on the official UN website.
“Competent Syrian authorities intercepted a wireless communication between two terrorists in the Jawbar area of the Damascus governorate,” Jaafari stated addressing the Secretary General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council.
In the letter, he also added that one “of the terrorists said that another terrorist named Abu Nadir was covertly distributing gas masks.”
The Syrian security services managed to intercept the conversation between the two militants; one of them is supposedly Abu Jihad. During that conversation, Abu Jihad mentioned the use of toxic gas and “asked those who are working with him to supply protective masks.”
It is important to note that back in March, Jaafari has already informed the Security Council about the possible threat. According to him, a man named Haytham Salahuddin Qassab “transported chemical substances from Turkey on behalf of the terrorist organization known as Ahrar al-Sham.”
With the information received from the new intercepted conversation it was confirmed “that armed terrorist groups are preparing to use toxic gas in the Jawbar quarter and other areas, in order to accuse the Syrian Government of having committed such an act of terrorism.”
After the chemical attack in Ghouta in August, 2013 both Syrian government and the opposition have been putting the blame on each other. With the help of Russia, Syria came to an agreement to get rid off chemical weapons after the US threated to use military force against them.
The vast majority of the toxic weapons have been shipped overseas with the assistance of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW). The rest is expected to leave the country by the end of April.
According to the OPCW, Damascus promised to remove all chemicals by April 13. However, for now, the promises have not been fulfilled, Syrian government claims it is due to the unstable situation in the country.
According to the agreement, part of the chemical weapons will be destroyed in the UK and European facilities with large part of toxic elements to be eliminated on board of the ship at sea. The deadline for the elimination project is June 30.